Artem Case Studies
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway - Rigs and Effects Rose Line Productions
Our client, Rose Line Productions Ltd, asked Artem to provide a number of special effects and specialist rigs for the Sony Pictures Entertainment release, Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway. The furry feature was directed by Will Gluck and stars Rose Byrne and Domhnall Gleeson with the voices of Margot Robbie, Elizabeth Debicki, and James Corden. Much of Artem’s work contributed to making the interaction between the film’s CGI characters and their real-life co-stars and environments as seamless as possible.
Artem’s rigs and special props included:
- A remote controlled mechanism to open and close the rear doors of a van when they are kicked open from the inside by Peter Rabbit
- A rig to topple fruit from a market stall being raided by CGI animals
- A moulded post office pillar box with working flap opening
- A dockside rope rig to puppeteer ropes as the animals run across them
- A mounted outboard engine with remote control to release it into the water
- A remote drive system for a Land Rover
- Remote-controlled LED eyeline markers to enable the actors to interact with the animals
Artem’s technicians also attended the shoot to provide support and a range of stand-by floor effects.
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway is released in the UK on 21 May 2021. View the official trailer here:
- Electronic Design
- Mechanical Rigs
- Floor Effects