Eight Things About : Richard North C.A.M And Digital Supervisor.‹ Back to Special Effects
Richard North: Artem C.A.M and Digital Supervisor
What is your name?
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself?
Tallest in the company, too lazy to shave.
2) What are your hobbies or interests?
Most of what I do at work leaks into my spare time too. I also enjoy riding bikes down muddy hills.
3) Tell us a little bit about your role here?
I predominantly work with digital models, CAD/CAM/CNC and a bit of model making/painting.
4) How did you find out about Artem?
I rode in here on the coat tails of a fellow student in 2006, pretty much never left.
5) Since you have been here, what has been your best experience? ( Can be more than one)
The day they finally put Sprite in the vending machine, and the London 2012 opening ceremony.
6) What advice, if any, would you give to someone starting out?
Accept that even if you have a degree in SFX, you really don’t know anything! Work hard, be observant, listen, experiment, play and be prepared to sweep the floor/make the tea.
7) Tell us a joke or a fun fact?
I once went on a date with a girl who was ‘addicted’ to scotch eggs. We went to two pubs of her choosing, I had a few drinks and she had scotch eggs. It didn’t work out.